Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sláinte!

To your health!

Truth be told I've only a drop of Irish but 'tis all you need on St. Patrick's day! By far one of my favorite times of the year.

I love to stroll shops around St. Patrick's day. Bookstores, music, quilts and crafts. The Book of Irish Weirdness is one of my favorite books as well as Irish Fairy and Folk Tales. Loreena McKennitt singing stories of Greensleeves and The English ladye and the knight. Makes me want to dig my bare feet into moss and breath deep.

I was teased growing up that I wouldn't be the only one wearing a skirt at my wedding but as it turns out, I was. I didn't marry Irish but I have my love and he has given me my greatest blessings; Ryan, Robby and Drake.

So enjoy your day and embrace your Irish. Sláinte!

May you always have
Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment