Monday, March 7, 2011

Pillow Pets

I am not a big fan of stuffed animals with the boys having respiratory problems, so the pillow pet craze has been lost on me. However, when they were sick, I caved. I just wanted them to feel comforted and snug; they were so miserable. So we added 2 new "family" members. Drake chose a bumble bee and named him "Bumbee". Robby chose a lady bug that remains unnamed. lol

This last weekend we went to Seaside to see Ryan and we let the boys take their blankets and their pillow pets. They were able to fold their pj's up in the pets and take them to Ryan's for their date night with Grandma Marie and Summer.

After Bob and I picked them up and got back to the hotel, we put them both to bed and then crashed as well. Only we crashed into a worthless sleeping arrangement. The bed wasn't horrible but the pillow was only 2" high, the sheets were thread bare and the covers were very light and didn't provide much warmth. Needless to say I was up many times that night trying to mess with the heater so we weren't freezing or boiling. Once I figured that out I still had to contend with Bob claiming the top side of the mattress for his side and that darn pillow. Then I remembered, there were TWO extra pillows in bed with the boys. I successfully snagged the lady bug and I have to say, she was pretty darn comfy.

Later the next day on the way home Bob took over driving so that I could nap. Again, not the best set up for good rest until I spotted "Bumbee" in the back set. Drake was kind enough to share is BFF so Mommy ZONKED!

Upon waking, I declared to Bob that all 5 of us will have our own pillow pets for the vacation to California this summer. He pointed out that we only needed 4 since not all 5 of us would be sleeping at the same time. VETO! Not sharing lovey's with any of my men folk; boys are gross.

I have my eye on the dragon...

No comments:

Post a Comment