Friday, March 25, 2011

Mold Cakes...BRILLIANT!


Would the real Spring kindly come forward? I am really enjoying the little bursts of sun but they aren't long enough. I was doing dishes this morning and saw how beautiful it was outdoors. I was tempted to start weeding and beginning the work I let slide last fall until the clouds rolled in. Okay...new plan! Wash the bird feeder and boil up some food for the hummers.

HACK! GAG! WHEEZE! SNEEZE! MUST...KEEP...HEAD..FROM...EXPLODING!!!!

Apparently bird feeders left out all winter, even if they were in use, are prime for mold cakes. Mold, my Kryptonite! It was a 12"x9"x1" solid cake of mold and seed in a closed basket. Jabbing, poking, banging, shaking. Ugh, my hands were green! Poor birdies. =[

I managed to get all the pieces apart and into the dishwasher so they will be all clean and ready for my fine feathered friends.

Now to shower off the mold spores, OD on caffeine and have Bob give me my allergy shot; all in the hopes of remaining vertical the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment