Thursday, February 2, 2012

Which-craft

I have been playing with beading off and on forever.  I enjoy so many different types of crafts/sewing but I have been focusing on quilting more than anything else the last 10 years.  One thing I always wanted to try my hand at was wire jewelry.  I found this book yesterday while shopping at JoAnn's.  Needless to say I had no choice, it required that I bring it home.

I bought a few supplies to begin one of the patterns and attempted to make it today.  My technique isn't perfect to say the least but I have the basics down and I don't think anyone would really notice my mistakes other than someone already experienced with wire jewelry.  I hit a bit of a road block in that I don't have a couple tools they want you to have.  So I finished all that I could except the "chasing" steps.  I also took some time to fiddle with wire flowers.  Here is what I have to show for my play time today.
The little pieces that look like old fashion spectacles need to be "chased" or flattened to harden the metal and then joined with jump rings.  I also bought jade chips and a pretty lime chip to make variations of this set and possibly bracelets to compliment them.  Here is what the finished product is supposed to look like.
A friend has offered to help teach me and spend some time learning other techniques.  I googled a couple that she mentioned and WOWSA!  Yeah, Bob isn't going to be happy unless I find a way to pay for this new "habit".  I am thinking about renting the Boblings out as birth control.  Serious bank right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment