Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Inner peace... Inner peace..." Master Shifu


I have been trying to spend more time slowing down and making my life less complicated overall.  Going through the list of "have-to/gotta's" and paring it down to only the things that really make a positive impact for myself and my family.  Taking care of me and making time for myself is a hard one so I thought adding meditation back into my day would help.  Not sure it is working.

So I bought a book on meditation 4 years ago and I have yet to get past the 2nd chapter.  To be honest, it is "technically" the 1st chapter but I DID read the intro so I am calling the 1st chapter the 2nd chapter so that I seem less pathetic.  Anyway...

Quiet room: check. (6am: Bob gone to work, boys still asleep) Close your eyes, focus your attention about 2 or 3" in front of your 3rd eye: Umm...okay...check.

Now, breathe deeply, clear your mind.  *sigh* I can hear the furnace.  Stop!  Focus...block out the hum of the furnace, breathe in, exhale.  Shoot, I just heard one of the boys cough so they will be up soon, better hurry and get this meditation thing done!  Focus!

Clear.  Your.  Mind.   Breathe.  Okay, here we go, I can totally do this.  I'm breathing, I am focusing my attention in front of m 3rd eye...  What is a 3rd eye anyway?  That's probably covered in chapter 2, I mean 3!  I think my forehead is getting hot right where that 3rd eye is supposed to be.

Seriously, FOCUS!  None of this matters!  Relax, take some time for you!  Now, breathe...

Success!  I did it! For like an hour! *peek at clock*  1 minute?  Really?!  Ugh!

I have an itch.  I have to pee.  Did we take the garbage to the street?

Not quitting!  Shake out the wiggles, center, focus.  "Mom, I just peed in my bed and stepped in cat puke and I think Robby is throwing up".

Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment