Thursday, April 28, 2011

Amateurs...


I had a very productive and interesting day today. Started my morning dropping Robby off at school and then Drake and I ran some errands. We got cocoa/coffee and spent the morning together before his evaluation appointment. That was a little nerve wracking but everything came back normal and all 6 stations reported that he was very intelligent and there were no concerns. We will still need to do a deeper evaluation but I am feeling much more confident.

After the evaluation was over, I took him to McDonald's for lunch and to play. While I was trying to eat my lunch another Mom scooted over next to me to chat. She was there with her son who was a year younger than Drake. Since I was busy eating, she did all the talking; this was the beginning of her end. She was telling me just how rowdy her son was, that he and his Daddy like to play fight so he is very energetic. She told me stories of always having to keep an eye on him because he would get into everything. She shared numerous occasions where he did something "so gross" that she nearly passed out. I smiled, chuckled a couple of times and kept listening. After about 20 minutes she told me that she hoped I didn't think she was a horrible Mom because my son [Drake] was so calm and quiet and her son was a raving lunatic.

I decided to take pity on her and told her of the time I couldn't find Drake until I started to follow the "bread crumb" trail of steak knives he left for me and the time that I discovered him eating a cat hairball. I think it was when I shared the story of Drake at St. Edwards park putting "some sort of a balloon" in his mouth in the men's restroom that she was finally pushed over the edge.

I am probably one of the last Moms you want to get into a competition with about the unbelievable things your children have done. She left shortly after that, not sure why...

Amatuers.

No comments:

Post a Comment