Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fair is fair!


Went to the dentist today which I really don't mind if it is only a cleaning. However, today I needed them to repair a chipped tooth that exposed an old filling. It takes an act of congress to get my cross wired mouth to numb. I have been drilled on 5 separate times in my life without being numb so needless to say I was a wee bit apprehensive. They always end up giving me the "gas" but I hip to them now. They aren't giving it to me for my benefit but theirs. I think that they are nervous to put their fingers in my mouth when I am that high strung but they always do it free of charge to insure that I will go along with them. lol Of course it doesn't really cost them much since I am such a light weight. Probably balances out with the additional cost they have to incur for the sheer amount of Novocaine they have to give me to insure I am numb.

All went well so the nasty after effects are worth it. I am usually numb for 4 to 6 hours, unable to open my mouth to really eat for the day and usually need to fight a migraine. BUT! The tooth is fixed and that was the last filling left for my wonderful new dentist to replace after the crappy last dentist. WHOO HOO!!! He even smoothed out another tooth to keep the same thing from happening on the other side.

Grandpa Bob was a life saver and watched the Boblings for me so that I could go to the dentist and it is rumored that they were very good for him. (According to the Boblings)... They were playing with pattern blocks and fighting over who had more. It didn't take long for me to get sick of it so I sat down and divided them all up equally by color and shape. Robby was convinced I had made a mistake and that Drake might have ended up with 1 possibly 2 extra blocks than him. So Drake traded piles with Robby because 1 or 2 blocks doesn't matter. Robby had to be sure so he started to count his pile, then count Drake's pile. Like I would stack the deck either way so the squabbling would continue because lets face it, fighting children are FUN! When I came back to check on them, the blocks were all together in 1 pile and neither of them wanted to play blocks anymore. Now they had the bin of hot wheels.

I am wishing I still had the "gas".

No comments:

Post a Comment