Friday, March 23, 2012

Dear Za Za...

Perhaps I am snarky because it is too bleedin' early in the morning for a day "off" but I must rant.

We are down to one car right now while Bob's mustang is getting some much needed TLC at the mechanics.  This means that I have been driving him to the park & ride before 6am to catch his bus.  Granted it has been 12 years since I commuted to work but a few things haven't changed.  Basic dress code for a downtown office job is one of them.  Here we go...

This morning as I drop Bob off for the bus I a needed to stop for a young "lady" who was walking rather slowly and reminiscent of a robot.  Then I saw her shoes.  They looked very similar to the pair in the photo only not as nice.

Advice from Za Za.  Honey, if you are wearing shoes like this at 6 in the morning, then you are headed in the wrong direction.  These shoes are meant to be headed home at 6 in morning, NOT to an office job.  Very few woman can pull off walking gracefully in 5" heels and when they do, they are not rushing anywhere.  These shoes have a purpose, a theme, a mission if you will.  Commuting to a downtown office job isn't it.  Try something lower, easier to walk in and that doesn't scream your intentions for getting to the top at work. Save them for special occasions, evenings out where you are able to walk slowly or stand and show off your legs and appear graceful.

Also, to the other gal I saw walking is flip flops and micro shorts.  IT'S 32*F OUTSIDE!  PUT SOME CLOTHES ON BEFORE YOU CATCH YOUR DEATH OF COLD!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment