Sunday, November 24, 2013

You can't fit 10 gallons of crazy in a 1 gallon house.


CAN!

I decided today that I needed to take time to update our family blog.  There have been many changes for this tribe of ours.  Robby and Drake are now attending different schools on opposite sides of the district.  Both Boblings are in wrestling again this year with Bob helping as an assistant coach and acting as webmaster for the wrestling club.  Chase is busy working and going to school.  Ryan is busy working, going to school and hoping for teleportation to be invented tomorrow.  Sam and Dayton are busy trying to keep Ryan tethered to sanity.  Diamand is getting ready to leave for Basic Training after the first of the year.  Trish is buying a house down the street from us.  I am still keeping books, bending wire and I got a coaches membership so I could go on the mats to photograph at the tournaments.

There are so many changes happening.  Many that are unexpected.  A few that are terrifying.  Most are very welcomed.  I feel like I have run an obstacle course uphill, blindfolded, with vertigo but for the first time in my parenting life I feel relief.  Someone congratulated us on our perilous journey, took the machete from our hands, handed us a map and pointed us towards the beautifully groomed trail ahead with our guide waiting for us.  I didn't fail at crazy!  I was looking in the wrong place!  And guess what?!  It was never crazy, it was just an alternate version of normal.  Although, I still prefer to have it labeled as crazy because I ROCK crazy.

Yes.  I realize that you have no idea what I am talking about and that is okay too.  For all you know, this is a private conversation and you were caught eavesdropping.  Let me just assure you that this really will make sense.  That I am still the same person but with a new appreciation for my "non compos mentis" life and I am indeed sober.

On a serious note, I will take all the little bits that have taken over and explain them each in posts this week.  My goal is that someone somewhere who needs to hear any part of this will hear this.  Because life is too darn short to remake or rename the wheel.

Until then... (this is my cliff hanger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment